Bull Run Distillery
Bull Run 15 Year Old "The Matador" American Whiskey Finished in Oregon Pinot Noir Cask The Prime Barrel Pick #72
Pickup currently unavailable
An exceptional single-barrel bourbon experience awaits. With a mashbill of 96% Corn and 4% Malted Barley, this American Whiskey from Bull Run has a respectable 15-year age stamp (with 26 months in a Pinot Noir Cask). The reason it's branded as an American Whiskey? Its intriguing journey began in an ex-bourbon barrel, aging there for several years before its wine cask adventure.
This whiskey is far from ordinary, with its rich, 15-year heritage paired with a captivating flavor profile. It's a bottle we'd treasure for unique moments and sharing with fellow whiskey club enthusiasts. Its character doesn't tiptoe around - it's assertive and profound. Surprisingly, despite its age, it doesn't overwhelm with woody undertones; instead, it offers vibrant hints of fruit and candy. In summary, this Bull Run masterpiece is a must-have addition for lovers of bold single-barrel bourbon expressions.
- Mashbill: 96% corn and 4% malted barley (purchased from Great Western Malting)
- Still Size & Type: 700-gallon steel column still
- Distillation: Double-distilled
- Maturation: Aged for 13 years in used Bourbon barrels + 26 months in Pinot Noir Cask
- Filtration: Chill-filtered
- Finishing: Proofed with water from Bull Run Reservoir
- Distiller: Lee Medoff